Jeep Grand Cherokee Towing Capacity Rome NY
The Jeep Grand Cherokee is a stylish SUV that both looks great and delivers a smooth, capable ride over any terrain. How much can this versatile SUV carry though? To show drivers in Rome, Oneida, and Yorkville what it can haul, Victory Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM looks at the Jeep Grand Cherokee towing capacity.
Jeep Grand Cherokee Towing Capacity
The 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee can tow up to 7,400 pounds with the available Trailer-Tow Group IV. This package makes towing easy with 4- and 7-Pin Wiring Harness, a Class IV Receiver-Hitch, and Heavy-Duty Engine Cooling. Front tow hooks are also available, so you can pull something big with both ends of your SUV.
It’s also designed to make towing safer. Trailer Sway Control monitors your cargo and uses corrective braking to make sure it stays in line with your SUV. You’ll have more awareness when you’re hooking up to your trailer, too. Put it in reverse and your dashboard monitor will switch its display to the ParkView® Rear Back-Up Camera with Trailer View. It shows you what’s behind your SUV and features guidelines to help you line up with your cargo.
Jeep Grand Cherokee Engine Specs
To haul all that heavy cargo, the 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee offers five powerful engines. There are four solid gas-powered options and one efficient diesel engine to choose from. This lineup offers the following exciting engines:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 engine with Variable Valve Timing (VVT) that can tow up to 6,200 pounds with up to 295 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque
- 5.7L V8 engine with Fuel Saver Technology that can tow up to 7,200 pounds with up to 360 horsepower and 390 lb-ft of torque
- 6.4L HEMI® V8 with Fuel Saver Technology and VVT that can also tow up to 7,200 pounds with up to 475 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque
- 6.2L Supercharged V8 engine that can also tow up to 7,200 pounds with up to 707 horsepower and 645 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L V6 EcoDiesel engine that can tow up to 7,400 pounds with up to 240 horsepower and 420 lb-ft of torque.
Each one of these options works with 8-speed automatic transmission. On top of delivering a versatile performance with a wide range of gears, you can also take control of the transmission and personalize your drive with paddle shifters.
Jeep Grand Cherokee Payload
The 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee is also designed to carry lots of cargo inside. Its built to hold a payload of up to 1,180 pounds. It does that with a spacious interior that offers 36.3 cubic feet of cargo room in the trunk and 68.3 cubic feet with the back seats folded down.
It also sits on a Quadra-Lift® Air Suspension that lets your raise or lower the SUV. It’s a great way to prepare for loading heavy cargo in the trunk, hooking up to a trailer, or going off-roading over rugged terrain.
Test Drive the Jeep Grand Cherokee
Visit Victory CDJR to learn more about the 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee towing capacity and take it for a test drive. It can help drivers in Rome, Oneida, and Yorkville bring a boat or camper on your next vacation or move lots of cargo in a trailer. Contact our team today!